Need some simple ways to improve your health? Look no further. Here are 20 steps you can take today to improve your health.
- Take your time eating. The food won’t run away (most of the time). This gives your body the proper time to digest and store the food
- Wait 20-30 minutes before a second helping. Let your stomach catch up to your eyes
- An apple is an awesome snack that is portable and delicious! And it helps your teeth…
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day [multiply your weight by .666 (kinda creepy) to find how many ounces you should drink each day]
- In the morning eat like a king (largest meal), lunch like a queen (medium) and dinner like a prince (smallest meal)
- Do not cut macros out of your diet, including carbs and fats. Your body needs these!
- Cut extra calories where you can (example- take the skin off of a chicken breast)
- Eat fish at least once a week (yea for healthy omega 3’s!)
- Try to avoid food right before bed. Yes you late night snackers, this is true.
- Eat often. Do not go more than 3 hours without eating
- Never skip breakfast- Never…
- Remove pop/soda/soda-pop (whatever you call it) from your diet.
- Maintain a workout routine to help with digestion (we know a great gym…)
- Avoid meals out; eating a home cooked meal always wins (unless it is a frozen meal)
- Keep & use a food scale in your kitchen. Knowing your right portions will help!
- Spinach is one of the most nutrient dense foods that will increase brain function and help your body fight. Popeye knew this all along
- If a food has more than 10 ingredients, you should probably avoid it
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store; healthiest food is found on the perimeter
- Resist foods with high sugar, especially right before bedtime
- Plan your meals before the week commences. A game plan is the way to go. You can save money and time in the long run
What tips do you use to stay healthy? Let us know below. Disagree with any of the above? I guess we can hear your opinion as well 😉
Until next time my friends- stay healthy and fit!
Learn more about who we are and what we offer